Monday, June 27, 2011

Updating our bird issue..

On Saturday when Lauren and Scott came up, they sadly wanted to see the bird fiasco in our back yard.  We let Jack out and all of us went out with him.  The birds did not attack.  After dinner we had ice cream from Mary Jane's and ate that on the patio, the birds left Jack alone again. 
Yesterday (Sunday) there was no bird issue either.  I sure hope the killdeers had realized that this is Jack's backyard.

On another note.  I was talking to Aunt Carol the other day and I always question myself that I am not doing enough to teach and mold Maddie.  If something does happen to me I want to make sure she has had a good base from me.  I want her to be kind, and thankful, I want her to know that you should rescue animals not buy them etc.  Aunt Carol pointed out that I was probably not setting a good example of being kind to animals as I had her on my left hip while chasing and throwing rocks at birds in my back yard.  I was feeling very guilty about this major fail, when Jeff pointed out to me that some animals just need to die and I was protecting my boy Jack.      

No comments:

Post a Comment