Thursday, February 3, 2011

4th Grade CCD comes back to bite me, again.

I am not patient.  I even explained on a fourth grade church school test why I did not feel patients was a virtue.  Many years later after failing a test, I still do not understand being patient.  I saw Dr. Tortoriello today and my eggs are just not maturing quickly, so I will go back again tomorrow for a check.  He is now guessing retrieval will be Monday or Tuesday, here is my dilemma..  I got to Sloan on Monday and have my Petscan and MRI on Tuesday so I need my eggs to cooperate and understand we have a busy week next week and either mature so we can get this done over the weekend or slow down so we can do this Wednesday.  Maybe this cycle isn't a good one, maybe it is showing me that these eggs are type B personalities and that we should just try again, and hope for more aggressive ones.  Ones that fit are more "us"... non-lollygaggers..

This entire process is a test of patients...  Find something, wait for time to do a biopsy, wait for results, wait for further testing, wait to see docs.  WAIT WAIT WAIT.....  I am not good at that.
Oh well,  Mrs Connors should know I still remember her class. 

2 comments:

  1. This post had me laughing. We don't do well with lolly-gaggers ;) I know patience isn't a strong suit of mine either- but breathe and have faith that those eggs will be ready when they are supposed to be. If they aren't ready for tomorrow- maybe it's a sign that we really need to get together this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand...I am not a patient person either. Just ask me about Monday and doctors. It wasn't pretty. I have no time for the waiting. Waiting SUCKS!! But if you need a distraction during the crappy waiting, let me know! Love you!! Thinking of you today. I hope I will get a chance to see you guys this weekend. The kids have something they want to show you and Uncle Jeff! Can't tell you though.

    ReplyDelete