Thursday, June 30, 2011

Today is the last day of June....

I can not believe it is already the end of June.  I would love to say time is flying by, but honestly I feel like it is crawling.  I am so ready to be done with all of this.  I know we will never go back to the life we had before my diagnosis, we will never not worry about cancer.  I have a lifetime of testing and waiting for answers ahead of me.  I would just like a little break from this. 

This week has not really gone as planned.  I rebounded ok from my shot yesterday.  I was still in a lot of pain, but I could talk.  When we got home last night we realized Jack had not been good so I had several messes to clean up.  This morning my plan was to drop Jack off at the vet to get a much needed bath, nail trim and even do his yearly check up a little early.  When we got there this morning they said he would need a bordetella, which is for kennel cough.  It is a live virus that they spray up the dogs nose.  It is very controversial for a dog of Jacks age.  He has had a bath there before and they have not done it.  So we got back in the car and headed home.  I have been pricing other places to do his nails and I will try to do a bath this weekend.  As for his check up we will do that closer to his actual due date. 

My next stop today was of course the Onco office.  I had to get my second of three neupogen injection for the week.  While at the building complex I tried to set up an appointment for Jeff and that didnt go well either.  Aunt Carol had an errand to do as did I, so we headed back to our side of the river to do that.  We accomplished all that we could for today.  Which is a good thing because todays shot HURTS.  I have my normal jaw pain, I have some pain in the base of my skull today and my hips hurt.  I would really like to go to the hot air balloon launch tomorrow night at the walkway however I am pretty sure I will not be able to do that walk after a third shot this week.  We will see.  My black finger is back to normal, they think I must have jammed it while cleaning the windows on Monday.

Im sad to say I did not get my period this month.  At least we know the origin of my hot flashes.  I know my body took a break while I nursed.  Maybe that is all this is another little break, however the doctors did say I would probably go threw menopause. 

No comments:

Post a Comment