Monday, February 28, 2011

I have been reading.

Most of my posts have been silly and joking or explaining our trip.  This one might be a bit more serious.  When we met with plastic surgeon #3 he like the other docs have remarked on my upbeat nature.  He suggested I read "Why I wore lipstick to my mastectomy"  I am almost done with the book.  When I was diagnosed, even now, it has never occurred to me that I might die from this.  I know I have a year of hell ahead of me, but that is all I have given this disease, one year... This can have one year of my life, my husbands and my daughters.  After that I will be fine.  As the date gets closer to my surgery I guess I am more worried about this.  I need to get this out of my head, I will be here for Maddie's next Birthday, the family weddings this year, our next trip to Disney or where ever.... Maybe I shouldnt read, but I just cannot put the book down.  It doesnt help that I have it on my kindle, Jeff's kindle and now on my iphone, so there is no escaping it. 

6 comments:

  1. Your positive energy and attitude is like bubble-wrap for the people around you who love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, YES you will get through this!!! You have investigated every angle, every possibility. All it deserves is 1 year, hopefully less than that for you to bounce back into YOU!! Read if you must, because knowledge is power. You are going in with your eyes wide open, you are courageous beyond words and have a crew of amazing doctors that will not fail you. We love you ever so much and we will dance our feet off together at Lauren & Scott's wedding when "I will Survive " is played. And then do it all again at Rachel & Bridget's!!! Good Luck sweetie <3 ~~Aunt Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to say something...but I can't necessarily find the words...so I found some people who found them for me.

    Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway. ~Emory Austin

    Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. ~Winston Churchill

    Know, then, whatever cheerful and serene
    Supports the mind supports the body too.
    ~John Armstrong

    as you know...i'm just a big kid...so i'll end with my favorite author...

    I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
    Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
    But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
    Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
    ~Dr. Seuss

    Stay strong, fight, and never lose hope, and know that you have an army of love right behind you. I love you. Gaylie <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim,

    Your upbeat attitude and strength are admirable. The fact that you have designated a time limit to beat the disease is so KIM!

    You will beat it and you will be at Maddie's next birthday and many, many more to come.

    We will ALL DANCE at both upcoming weddings!

    Aunt Ann is right, knowledge is power. You and Jeff have done everything you can do to be empowered.

    Your strength, determination, positive upbeat attitude are weapons in your arsenal that can only help you in this fight. You will beat this and I'm sure it will be within your time frame!


    WE LOVE YOU, and we are in and will remain in your corner for the entire fight!
    Love you, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim,
    You are one of the strongest, most determined, smartest people I know. I admire you so much and am so glad to call you my friend. If anyone, or any couple, can beat anything- it's you and Jeff. Remember to rely on your friends and family when you need us- we are all here for you, Jeff, Maddie, and Jack. Know that you are SO loved and know that we are all in your corner like Dawn said.

    ReplyDelete