Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Busy Day

Im not too sure why I feel like it was so busy but it was.  I met with Dr Reichman about putting my port in.  He assured me it is not painful and he was going to address the pain comments with the doc who told me "It's gonna hurt".  I may not be able to talk to this doctor again until after I am 100% better.  I feel it is kind of like when I made my communion and I was banned from playing with him and his brothers in fear I would have black and blue legs or something in a cast or a fat lip....  Or maybe he has just figured our how to get to me after all this time.

I decided on using Dr Zak for chemo.  I called and told him that today and he was very nice about coordinating everything and calling all the other docs involved.  I did like the doctor I met with yesterday and I will write him a note to thank him for his time and let him know I decided on a practice closer to home.  Their facilities where they give chemo are pretty much the same so why go to Fishkill when I can just go to Price Chopper. 

My port will be put in on Monday the 28th and since I would prefer my treatments to be at the beginning of the week I will start them the following week.  Either on a Monday or Tuesday, we will see which day is less busy.  I am going there to get better not make friends so I a would not like to be with any "chatty Cathy's" or be forced to watch Judge Judy or Wendy Williams...  That would just do me in.  I have plenty of books to read though :o)

2 comments:

  1. You sound like you've made a good decision and have chosen the right Dr's for you- I look forward to reading your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chemo is at Price Chopper? Man they have everything. ;) This is how you and I are different- Wendy Williams is just such nonsense that I think it would help me zone out. Everyone's different ;)
    Seriously though- I'm glad you found someone you're comfortable with and everything is just moving along for you. All of this will be behind you before you know it.

    ReplyDelete