Wednesday, June 8, 2011

NO GO today....

Well if I thought 1.2 was bad, 1.1 is even worse.  Today was the first time we have seen Dr Maresca since our initial "I'm back" visit.  I was excited to see him, I like him and his dry humor.  We did joke today which was nice however we decided that I have other things to do with my weekend than to have a stay at vassar.  So they gave me a nupagin injection and I will get another one tomorrow and Friday. The injection is to increase my white blood cells so I can receive chemo.  I may need to get these injections for the remainder of my treatments.  I go back on Monday for a CBC then chemo again on Wed.  I thought about changing my day to Monday but then I would never see Dr. M, he is never in that office on Mondays.  So I am sticking to Wednesdays. 
As for feelings on this, one of the techs asked if I was upset with this or if I was happy to have a week off.  I am not happy, I have a deadline and I am now pushed back a week.  I did confirm that there is nothing I can do myself to increase my counts, vitamins, blueberries, beef, or even pleading with them, nothing there will help.  That is why I am on the injection.  I also started my cipro and will be on germ-a-phob overload.

4 comments:

  1. My mom stopped tonight and told me. I'm so sorry. That stinks, but I'm glad they are on top of it. Being pushed back one week is better than a hospital stay.

    Timmy's concert is on Friday. We will miss you but understand. Hopefully those white blood cells will cooperate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey kim - i'll go light a candle for you ... once the white blood cells are better, I'll come for a visit! I have some summer Friday's so maybe that would work! :)
    Stay positive.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will miss you tomorrow but know that you are doing the right thing for your health. I want you to be as strong as you can :)
    Christina

    ReplyDelete