Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hazing at 35??????????????

Yesterday was a rough day for us.  When I got up to shower, I just didnt feel like it, in the end I did.  I remembered an older lady that I worked with said the best cheap therapy you can do for your self is get a manicure or wear pretty underwear.  Since we had to be to the vet at 9 there was no way I could get a manicure...

After a crazy morning Jeff and I headed to the city to meet with Dr. Smith the plastic surgeon for Beth Israel.  After having my blood drawn for the genetic test I went to his office.  Upon entering the exam room, I notice my standard outfit they like me to wear, a gown open to the front.  I think it is easier to just wear my bathrobe to these appointments, Jeff think the people on metronorth will look at me oddly...  The nurse told me the normal line but added more, it was like I was going to see the ob/gyn, only difference was I could keep not only my socks but my underwear too.  I protested and left my jeans on.  The doc came in and he was lovely.  Remember the show on CBS With out a Trace?  The doc looked like Martin.  Anyway, he examines me.  Then the hazing began.. He asks me to drop my jeans.  Oh my goodness, I didnt shave my legs and I have pretty underwear on......  Then he starts pinching flub on me. My stomach, my butt, my thighs, my back.  H has me spinning while he thinks of what to do.  Dont worry it gets worse, he took pictures.  So my first risque pictures where taken by a plastic surgeon.  Here is the funny part the draw the curtain so Jeff doesnt see, goodness out of the group of people in there Jeff was the only one I was comfortable with seeing me that way.  I felt like an ABC after school special or one of those movies Aunt Carol watches on Life time, I was waiting for Meredith Baxter to come in the room too... This doctor prefers using natural tissue for reconstruction and not implants.  He likes this way because there is less skin damage if I have to under go radiation.  I am proud to say I do not have enough fat with out taking from all areas (which does not appeal to me) to make two new boobs.  So he suggested a tummy tuck to make one and reduce and lift the other one.  Im going speak with Dr Kirstein on Monday because I was really set on two new ones.  But we will see.

4 comments:

  1. I have plenty of extra if you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No donor fat.. Sorry.. Who posted this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy. Still new at this blog stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny. I wish I could donate too.

    ReplyDelete