Sunday, June 12, 2011

SHAME... I remember having that

Everyone told me that you loose all shame when you have a baby.  I did, a little.  I did freak out when the discharge Doc decided to check out my stitches (I had a c-section) as I was getting out of the shower and left all the doors open.  I think I am still scared from that, so are many of the people walking the halls of Vassar Brothers that morning.

If you remember a few posts back I mentioned this women that my hair dresser introduced me to.  As we spoke that day she asked if I wanted to see what her reconstruction looked like, I said sure, so she showed me.  We are still having someone clean the house and her assistant is a survivor and she wanted me to see that her skin three years after the fact looks great after radiation so she too flashed me.  Thursday as I was leaving Dr F's office after my fill a women tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I was a survivor, I said not yet, I am still in treatment., she just got her one year clean award.  She then asked if Dr F was doing my reconstruction, I said YES.   Dr F does not have a "brag book", which is great and bad at the same time.  I have no clue what his work looks like however I did not have to pose for those embarrassing pictures either.  Well she offered to go back inside and show me.  I declined and headed on my way, but wondered am I going to stop bald women and offer to flash them in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment