Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dive Bombs

Yesterday I was feeling pretty good.  My plan for the day was to get my blood checked then head to babies r us to look for the disposable bibs that I have grown so fondly of and hit the mall with Maddie and Aunt Carol.  Aunt Carol drove just in case I needed to get a shot.  The two of them decided to stay in the car and wait for me.  I went in to the office and right back to the lab.  Angel, the head nurse came over to take my blood and before the poked me said "Good blood, good blood, NO SHOT".  I love that the entire office staff is as corny as I am.  Well Angel's chant did not work.  My blood dive bombed.  I was at 3.4, which is not terrible it is still concerning and I needed a neupogen shot.  I got to meet the NP, PA (cant remember what she said she was) of the practice she was great.  I really liked her, she knew I was going to try to negotiate out of the shot, there must be a note in my ever thickening chart.  After my shot we talked a few more minutes on things I should be staying away from, large crowds, sick people, potentially sick people, raw foods and fruits with skins that are eatable (ie: apples, strawberries etc.)  Since the mall was a NO GO for yesterday we headed home.   By the time we pulled in the driveway my jaw was killing me.  I can not even begin to describe this pain.  I can not open my mouth for a couple of hours it hurts so badly.  After it passes I ache all over but nothing too bad just more uncomfortable.  Both Jeff and Aunt Carol have sympathy pains, I dont know if this is a good thing or not.  I think it is great that they actually know the level of pain I am in, however I think someone should not be in pain in our house. 

Sorry for the back track, however you will see the significance of the title in a moment.  I had never seen a Killdeer bird before until Julie had emailed a picture of one that had nested in her yard.  She also sent me a description of these birds.  They are labeled precocious, kind of like Michael in Mary Poppins.  If someone gets too close to their nest they will divert you away from it by pretending to be hurt as you get closer to the bird they will get up and dive bomb you.  Well Thursday around lunch time, I let Jack out to go to the bathroom, Aunt Carol was sitting with the baby and I was looking out of the kitchen sink window.  That is when I saw it.  A bird dive bombed Jack right in his skinny butt.  He came running back towards the house the entire time the bird just kept swooping and pegging him.  Aunt Carol got the door open and poor Jack came in.  The proud bird perched itself on top of our patio umbrella.  We checked him over and laughed about it and thought it would be a one time thing.  BOY WAS I WRONG.  I let him back out Thursday night after dinner and he only stepped off of the patio when it happened again.  When Jeff got home I told him, I said I quickly looked for a nest but was not going to go out there to be attacked by a bird.  Jeff picked up the metal pooper scooper that we have and walked around he didnt see anything either.  Yesterday it happened twice again as well as this morning.  I did look up on how to get rid of these birds of course, like my woodchuck that tried to break in my house last year, shooting them is always the best way.  They also suggested getting a dog, well the bird is attacking my dog.  Maybe this bird knows he is old, and scared of his own shadow.  Jack will bark off a rabbit or deer but this stupid bird he runs from.  Even Aunt Carol suggested we look into getting a bb gun.  So if anyone is looking for something funny to see feel free to stop by and watch poor Jack get chased and pegged by a bird as Jeff, Aunt Carol or I chase it with a pooper scooper.  Maybe Santa will bring me a red rider bb gun, this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment