Thursday, July 28, 2011

I dont get people some times

Yesterday as we left my chemo treatment, we walked out with two of the office girls who proceeded to light up.  They work at an Oncology office.  I said to Jeff, you would think they see enough of us that it would make them want to quit.  I also do a lot of reading on prevention and health issues.  I was sent an interesting article the other day that really got me thinking.  It was about how people with diabetes, high cholesterol and heart disease would rather take pills than change their eating habits.  I would gladly give up ice cream and peanutbutter cups if they said I would never have to worry about cancer again.  If a doctor handed me a diet and it was proven that I would never have to worry about cancer again, I would stick to it. 

We have already started to change our eating habits.  Its funny we started before my cancer diagnosis and have really tried to continue.  We are eating good carbs when we eat them.  We are making sure half of our plates are filled with veggies and protein is not the center stage.  I keep trying to get Maddie off of waffles for breakfast, she just does not like eggs.  To be honest I dont care for them either but I liked all the weight loss I had before I started chemo.  This morning I decided instead of the premade eggo, I would make home made pancakes for her.  I made whole wheat banana pancakes.  They came out pretty good and did not take long at all.  I am trying not to use so much pre-packaged foods. I made extras and already froze them so we have them for a few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment