Tuesday, July 12, 2011

C is for Cookies, Cake and Colleen

There may have been chicken too but I was happier with the bad foods.  Friday morning I was happy to hear from Colleen.  However the happy turned sad when she told me she had the shingles.  Though she was no longer considered contagious I should probably check with my docs to see if we could all still go to Rosie's party on Saturday.

Aunt Carol brought to the Onco office for my shot on Friday.  I asked Angel what she thought about us going to the birthday party the next day and she punted it off to Maria (the PA) to answer.  I had a few other questions for Maria (they will be in another post) so what was one more.  Maria was on the fence, debating it back and forth, I could go if I stayed away, and so did my family.  It all went south when I opened my big yap and said.  "I had the chicken pox vaccine" That prompted Maria to say "you are too old, why did you have the vaccine?"  I know I am not old, so does she.  I said, "When I had Maddie, they must have done titer levels and they seemed to think I needed to be vaccinated".  Well that did it she said I could not go.  Cancer made me flake on something again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment