Thursday, July 21, 2011

7th Taxol under my belt

Well I am not wearing a belt since all my pants and shorts are tight.  I seem to be the only concerned or annoyed by this.  Of course I am the one controlling what I eat and I have not been good.  I now has less than a month to get ready for Lauren and Scotts wedding so I really need to cut out the junk, the desserts, and bread again.

Yesterday Dr Reyes was in.  He is okay with me eating ice cream and said once we are over this hump we can discuss diet modification.  He was happy to hear how we eat though.  My blood was very good yesterday so we are sticking with the one neupogen injection.   I did call my insurance last week to see what my copay would be for the neupogen if we wanted to do it at home.  It would be three times what I would pay for my normal copay, needless to say I will be heading to fishkill to get the shot. 

I made grilled grouper this week, it came out pretty good, it tasted better than it looked, I need to work on my turning technique.  I plan to also to try to make a whole red snapper this week.  Maybe tomorrow.  I also tried my hand at scallops again they came out awesome and they where so easy.  We did not have Maddie try them, I am a bit worried to try shell fish with her.  The pediatrician said to wait until she is 4, so we will. 

Jack is doing really well on this raw diet.  I am buying the premade stuff, he eats it much nicer and cleaner than the raw chicken wings.  This week we tried Rabbit  and it was a huge hit.  I am not shocked.  I think we will try venison next.  His coat is shiny and he is hardly shedding, he is looking good for an old man.  I think we will get him a new orthopedic dog bed for his birthday, he is going to be 14 on the 22nd of Aug. 

It has been a pretty quiet week here so far :o)  Debbie is now loving referred to as Guppie, not to sure why but she is.  Maddie has asked for her CaCa and even Joel.  Good thing they will be home tomorrow, I think they all miss each other.  I am actually shocked Aunt Carol hasnt called today to check in on my pain after my shot.  It isnt too bad today.  My jaw hurts a little but I can at least move it.  I have some aches but nothing too bad.  Maybe this will be the worse of it..  I only have 5 more chemos to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment