Thursday, July 14, 2011

Random Stuff....

Jack had his yearly appointment yesterday with the vet.  It went very well, we are just waiting on some blood work.  We also discussed BARF, which is feeding raw.  Jack loves raw and it makes me what to BARF.  We are doing a modified BARF right now and it is going well and I am not to skeeved out by it.

Yesterday when we spoke to Dr A.M.P. (absent minded professor) he thinks ice cream is the root of all evils as well.  He thinks milk and dairy are leading cancer causers.  If i die of cancer can some make sure that my obit reads that my addiction to ice cream won.  I have also decided I want to be cremated.  I always thought I would want to be put in a mausoleum like Aunt Jean and Uncle Bill.  The more I have thought about this and talked to Jeff about it the more I want to be more portable.  If I die first he will likely not stay in this area.  I am not a big fan of visiting the cemetery and do not expect anyone to visit me but I would at least like to be near Jeff and Maddie.  I think I came to this decision after Jessie passed.  We had her cremated and now she can move with us anywhere.  Can you imagine the label on that moving box.  Fragile, Jessie, Mom etc....

I am still in shock that I asked for a neupogen this week.  I go today at noon.  I was very worried that with out any I would have to be pushed back another week and it is important to stay on schedule.  Not just for my own neurotic reasons but for the best outcome of my treatment. 

There has been this major debate going on.  Dr Mazilli would like to deflate my expander (new boob in progress) when he does the radiation therapy.  Dr F (my plastic surgeon) said this is old data.  I have reached out to a bunch of docs about this in the field and not and they all seem to lean with not deflating it.  That it was old data that Dr Mazilli was quoting.  There is another doc in that practice that I plan to meet with and see what his thoughts are.  There are not too many radiation oncologists in this area with good reputations, so it makes it hard to "shop around".  

Tracy and Dave did some internet searching and found a rental for Aunt Carol and Uncle Joel so they will be going away!! I think they both need this break.  Deb to the rescue again.  I can not wait to see her and catch up.

1 comment:

  1. You're strength and sense of humor are amazing. I keep you in my thoughts and am looking forward to partying old school with an old friend in August. But maybe a get together sooner would be good too?

    ReplyDelete