Monday, July 4, 2011

How is it Monday already

This weekend has flown by.  Happy Independence day to everyone.  I am thankful to live in a free country that does not have socialized medicine (yet). 

Thursday after I blogged the afternoon got crazier.  Uncle Joel called to talk to Aunt Carol, now that is not the funny part.  This entire story is not funny just very odd and ironic.  I could hear Aunt Carol ask if anyone was hurt or if it was totalled.  Those buzz words meant that there must have been an accident.  OH NO I was thinking.  Then I heard how bad is the damage to the house?  How on earth did their house get hit AGAIN.... Yes, for those of you that do not know, Aunt Carol and Uncle Joels house got hit once before.  I was in junior high and it was a teenager that was speeding, misjudged the curve and hit the garage.  This time a logging truck (not too sure why it was on their road) was not going fast enough to get up the hill and make the turn.  The engine stalled and  it started to roll backwards it hit the camper pushing it off the blocks and into the garage.  The camper is pretty messed up and will probably be totalled.  The garage though damaged isnt too bad.  Here is the bad part they had a trip planned to go camping.  Now they do not have a camper.  I have read a lot about taking care of the cancer patient caregivers.  My Aunt needs this vacation.  She needs to be away from me and dealing with all that comes with me.  I have been looking into bed and breakfasts and hotels on LBI, I will price out flights and maybe we can send her to see Pam and Lou. 


Friday, was much nicer than Thursday.  Jeff decided to take the day off.  After my neupogen shot we came right home.  I was in a lot of pain but it dwindles as the day goes on and I can tolerate it more.  I really wanted to go to the balloon launch.  Jeff suggested that we go to the childrens museum then see how the rest of the evening went. 






After the museum we decided to head to Highland and go to the walk.  There was a balloon setting up right in the park next door.  We decided to park and walk around.  Sadly we did not see the balloon actually launch.  Maddie was getting hungry and we decided to leave when we ran out of Cheerios.












Saturday was Matthew's highschool graduation party.  It was a very nice day.  Maddie did not have a great nap so we had to head home for an afternoon nap which lasted until 7.....





Sunday was a Lazy day here.  I just could not get motivated.


2 comments:

  1. Kim, I don't often comment on your posts, but I love to read them. I know it is good for you, but I want you to know that it is good for me too. I cry, I laugh and the pictures are a nice addition! Love you, keep up your wonderful writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to post a comment from my phone the other day but it wouldn't go through. Darn blackberry. In any case, I'm glad that you are posting pictures here more often now so I can see more of you guys. Even if it's just on the computer :)
    Christina

    ReplyDelete