Monday, August 8, 2011

Ready for my shot...

As Jeff left for work this morning he gave me a little pep talk.  He wanted to make sure that I knew I would probably be getting a neupogen today.  He also reminded me that tears will get me anywhere but wet.  It is so true.  I feel so foolish for loosing it a week ago.  I do want to thank some for their calls, emails, cards and even offers to come here and pick me up fling me over your shoulder and bring me to the finish line.  I think the mental note of that and the pirate card have given me so many smiles this week.  I am feeling sluggish today so I am sure I will need it.  I would like to get in back into a routine though.  Jeff and I got talking Saturday and he asked if I was upset I chose the weekly taxol over the every other week treatment.  I do a lot of reading, I think I have more cancer related apps on my phone than, cooking or baby ones for Maddie.  I am glad I do not have neuropothy, I have read some really sad and scary stories of how bad it has been for some.  However with my AC treatment I had a good week.  I do not have that with taxol, I have a good few days then I am back to bad.  I feel like I am constantly playing catch up.  Even now.  I have three baskets of laundry to fold and iron, I need to clean up my family room. ETC.... However I feel like I could take a nap.  I only have three more weeks of this!!!! Then I am done.  Well done with the chemicals.  Then I start radiation, that is every day for 6 weeks.  I can not wait to feel "normal" again.  I did not set up another date with the cleaning lady when she left on Friday.  I left it as "I will call you".. 

We had another lovely weekend.  Friday we did not do too much.  Saturday we went to a BBQ, it was so nice to see everyone.  Maddie had a blast playing with other kids her age.  She was so pooped she slept until 11:15 on Sunday.  Sunday was like a flashback in time.  Pam and Lou are in so we all headed to Aunt Carols for some swimming and an early dinner.  It was a very nice day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment