Monday, April 4, 2011

One down 15 more to go........................

Sounds crazy right.  So today wasnt bad.  Accessing the port hurt (I know, I promised no more complaining).  When we got there this morning it was a little confusing.  They did not have enough chairs for every one, but that was quickly resolved.  Jeff and I sat in the main room, we met a lovely lady who was getting treatment as well.  There was also a man with us, but he took a nap, he didnt snore so that as nice. 

They started with some anti nausea meds and then a bag of fluids.  When the fluids were just about done they came in and pushed the adrimicyn in.  It was bright red.  Carol the nurse said it may change the color of my urine.  Jessie had the same drug, I never remember her having red urine.  Getting the same drug as her made me miss her a lot today.   Next was the cytoxin that took a little less than two hours.  Next was lunch, we went to Torches.  Before I went to the ladies room, Jeff asked how soon after the drug would it make me pee red.  I said I wasnt sure sicne with the sential node injection it took two days to turn my pee bright blue.  Adrimicyn turned it right away, Im back to normal now. 

The reason for 15 more is we decided to do taxol every week for 12 weeks instead of every other week for 4 treatments.  There are less side effects, it just adds another month to my treatments. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad that today went smoothly. The 12 weeks sounds good with less side effects. Years from now you wont remember an extra month, but you will remember how you felt! Counting the weeks with you.

    ReplyDelete