Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Good days and recaps

This weekend was nice and low key.  We did not do much of anything on Friday or Saturday. We did go to Hobby Lobby and have pictures framed that we have had for a few years and never did it. Sunday was a big day for me.  It was the first time in 5 weeks I was alone with Maddie.  I urged Jeff to go to the mets game.  I felt good and really missed my alone time with Maddie.  We play and read and NO TV, it is nice.  Sunday was great and we did all that!! We did watch some of the game to look for Dada in the crowd. 

Yesterday (Monday) I had to go to Dr Zak's office for a CBC.  I had to wait 45 mins to be seen, which is never good.  Jeff came with me and I dont know which of us is more impatient when it comes to waiting. At the half hour mark he asked which one of us was going to see what was going on.  I decided it better be me, since I tend to be a little nicer with these situations.  When it was my turn they took me back and said they would have to take my blood pressure, I already alerted them that I was sure it would be high since I had to wait 45 mins for a simple blood test.  They apologized for being short handed, but said things happen.  I said being late it drives me nuts.  I hate when people are late.  I "fluff" times to people who are late.  After the stick they could not access my vein, I guess it got ticked for waiting too and kept moving on them.  My blood came back very well.  My white blood cell count was low but not too low.  My sugar was still low so we will keep monitoring that.  They weighed me and I have only lost one pound, I was a bit upset and so where they.  I have asked a million times if there was anything I should or should not be doing, they have all said to keep my life as normal, just as I had before chemo.  Well I was watching my weight before all of this so I continued to....  We agreed to watch it and not obsess over it, but I am sure my primary doc would agree with me about watching my weight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment