Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Wednesday the 26th

What a busy day.  We were in for snow again and I had so many calls and appointments to make and lots and lots of reading to do. 

I called Memorial Sloan Kettering and I have an appointment with them on 2/7 (for those keeping track of appoinments)


I called the fertility doc that they (Beth Israel) suggested.  When I was done making the appointment I called our insurance to let them know.  I was told I would be denied since I was not deemed infertile, even though I would be at the end of treatments.  When speaking to the rep I said to her what if I have documents from a fertility doc we saw in the past stating we had issues.  She said that would be great, to have them sent over.  I reached out to Dr. Tortoriello at the Sher Institute of reproductive medicine, I also mentioned to him what day I was in my cycle.  He said not to worry about the insurance that they where in the works of rolling out a program for cancer patients to have almost no cost to us, if we could not get our insurance to cover it.  I also made an appointment to see him the next day (Thursday).  In the mean time Jeff had gotten an email from his company saying how they had just won an award for their fertility and adoption benefits.  He thought about it and wrote to a few people in his company to tell them what we had just found out, they may have won an award but the wording of the policy would deny someone who was facing chemo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment