Monday, February 28, 2011

Mr. Disney would a green veggie kill you??

Our flight to Fl was great, we even left and landed early.  We hit a small snag when getting the car but that was all straightened out.  We headed right to downtown Disney to meet up with Catherine her husband and her son.  It was so nice to catch up with them and not really talk about my cancer.  I wish we lived closer so we could get together more. After spending the afternoon together we headed to port Canaveral to meet up with my family for our cruise.

The hotel we stayed at was nice, but their port-o-crib was more like a cage.  Maddie hated it and hardly slept.  She was trying to escape the entire night.  We finally broke in and broke our own biggest rule and brought Maddie into the very small full sized bed we had.  She slept really well..  I got up very early because I didnt want to be late for breakfast, not that I was that hungry but I didnt want I thought everyone wanted to go that early.  I didnt realize when I bought or packed what I thought was saline but it was disinfectant.  I in my sleepy stupor I rinsed my contact and put it in my eye.  WOW the pain was crazy.  I could not get it out of my eye  quick enough all while trying to be quiet, I didnt want to wake Jeff or Maddie up.  I took a quick shower and headed to buy saline.  While at breakfast if I knew it was the last time I would see a green veggie I would have eaten more and given more to Maddie. 

Getting to the boat was easy, almost as easy as getting on.  Our luggage arrived pretty quickly and I unpacked.  The dinners on the boat where very good.  My only complaint would be there was a huge lack of veggies.  There was not an omelet station for breakfast or many non-carb options.  Lunch was okay too, we only made it to the buffet once because it was not open all the time.  They had a lot of fast food, pizza, chicken fingers, hotdogs things that I guess most kids eat.  I know it was hard for Jeff and I to stick to our diets.  The cruise was very nice and relaxing.  I felt our time on the boat was too short, we did not get to enjoy all it had to offer.  The shows at night where amazing and could easily be on Broadway.  Maddie loved them, she watched them with out a flinch for the hour that they where. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you guys had such a good time! I'm catching up on here- I'm going to go on FB to see pictures that I hope you posted- I didn't see updates on my phone.

    ReplyDelete