Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Catching everyone up....

Most of you have almost the entire story but just incase I will say it one more time.  I found a lump in my left breast (people keep asking which one, not sure why it matters) over a year ago, however I had a few, the doc at the time said it was from nursing.  I continued to nurse Maddie until just after her first birthday.  Most of the lumps went away but this one did not, I kind of thought it would.  Well it didnt. 

2010 was coming to and end and we where gearring up for 2011.   We spent New Years eve with some great friends and had a very nice dinner, but left when Maddie decided she did not want to see the new year in awake.  Jeff and I where okay with that since we had a party to host the next day.  It was a success and Tracy was surprised to have a 40th Birthday party!! Now that the party was over I could really get into gear for our  trip.  I decided to have that lump checked out it was beginning to annoy me.  So on 1/6/11 I went to MKMG after an exam Dr Lederman sent me over to the radiology to have an ultrasound.  After the ultrasound I went back to Lederman who said he now wanted to do a mammogram and a full ultrasound of both breasts.  They did the mammogram that day but I had to go back on the 7th for the ultrasound.  They found two cysts on the ultrasound so they decided to do three biopsy's. I had to wait two weeks for an appointment long enough to do all three.  I had two needle aspirations and one core biopsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment