Saturday, March 12, 2011

Pathology

Yesterday we went into BI to get my full pathology report.  It came back as we expected.  I am NOT gene positive (which is a good thing).  The larger of the two areas that where tested was 4.5cm the other area which was the smaller one that tested positive but disapeared durring the needle biopsy was only mms.  So I would have a standard protocol of chemo a combo drug every two weeks for 4 treatments followed by another drug every two weeks for 4 treatments. Followed by a month of daily radiation, all of this will fit into my one year time limit. My veins are not stellar so I will have to have a port, I was hoping I didnt have to have any more surgery for a while but at least it is done on an out patient basis.  They staged me yesterday and I am an early stage 2 node negative.  Now I just need to find the right facility for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment