Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I showered myself

And I think I did a pretty darn good job. I also shaved, I know way too much info... I still can not shave my left arm or wear deodorant but at least I can do the right side.  Can you imagine if my surgery was in August, I would stink.  I also am wearing a bra, a sports one but at least my right side does not look so much like an old lady anymore.  I couldn't hook it myself, Jeff had to do that but at least I am feeling and looking some what normal.  We might actually leave the house for a non-medical trip today.  Yesterday was the doctor visit, Saturday night was a family trip to walgreens (Maddie and I stayed in the car). 

I discussed pain meds with Dr Friedman yesterday.  Everyone seems so concerned with how I am managing my pain, if I need something I usually speak up.  I had been taking the pain killers that they send me home with, I felt they where a bit too strong and harsh, plus the dreams I had on them where exhausting.  I had taken a couple Aleve, but that inhibits platelet regrowth,  so extra strength tylenol it is and a benedryl if I am having trouble sleeping.  I dont like taking pills.  It was funny because when I was in the hospital last week and they tried to manage my pain I just kept telling them I didnt think I was this much of a wimp I hated that I needed meds.  I am glad that I did not do the natural tissue exchange, I may very well still be in the hospital.  How is a 9hr surgery and 6 day hospital stay attractive for anyone, even if you get new boobs and a tummy tuck.  My fat butt (if you remember that is the only place I had enough fat to make two from)  will be back to Golds and taking Zumba classes as soon as I can so I can ward off that surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment