Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fill 'Er up.....

Today we went back into the city to see Dr Friedman for what in the plastic surgery/mastectomy world is called a fill. 

My personality type is that I need to know all the details of something that is going to go on.  I need to anticipate every thing, which usually leaves me a nervous wreck.  I decided today to go in blindly.  They explained to me how it was done, however I did not google it at all. 

This morning while on the train I was emailing  back and forth with a friend who asked, what the details of the fill are, and I said I didnt even look.  Which for anyone that knows me, knows how odd that is for me.  Christina googled it to anticipate what I might say to her later.  She was kind enough to say to me, I googled it however the pictures are not work appropriate.

We got to Dr. F's office and they took me right away.  I got into the room and put on the lovely blue gown that they leave out for me.  His nurse came in and took off my bandage I had on, last week I looked a little red so he had me put triple antibiotic and put a bandage on my incision.  The redness had not been going away so I over applied the ointment. Did you know you could use too much?  Just a little is better than more when it comes to ointments.  Both the nurse and Doc are happy with my healing (which is all my family is concerned about, the rate of my healing).  So I laid back and the nurse brought out the purple pen to mark where my injection would go.  She then said very soft spokenly not to look at the needle.  I tried not to, however Jeff was with me and said "You should see the size of this thing, it looks like a horse needle". Great here I am topless in a blue gown and there are three people larger than me in front of the door so there is no escaping.  Honestly it was nothing.  Yes there was a slight sting when the needle pierced my skin but that was it.  I am not in pain now, I feel tight like the said I would.  I plan to take two more Tylenol before I go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, not sure why I thought that a FAQ link wouldn't have pictures? It was actually pretty comical. I instantly thought- Eric is probably going to see that I was looking at pictures of boobs. Lesson learned- Google stuff that you talk about - when I'm at home... ;) Glad it all went well yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete