Thursday, March 24, 2011

One step closer to a new boob

I know every day I am a step closer, however today I actually got a fake one.  I have been wearing a sports bra since I got the okay a week after my surgery.  Each time I saw Dr F, I would ask when can I wear a bra?  He sent me to a place called Underneath it all.  It is a shop that specializes in prosthetics, special bras, bathing suits and wigs. 

We started with wigs.  I will be honest, I am not looking forward to loosing my hair.  I am not someone who likes to be the center of attention and I feel that if I do not have hair people will notice and ask what is wrong.  Jeff anticipating how much I am stressing over this decided to be Jeff and make fun off the entire situation.  I tried on about a half a dozen wigs and of course chose the first one I had on.  Wigs have more hair than I have so they all looked too puffy and full for me.  There are also 40 colors we could choose from.  Me being boring me went with something as close to what my hair looks like as I possibly could.  I dont know why this part seems so hard for me. 

Now to the fun part, what I was really there for, even boobs.  Jeff asked why I keep wearing zip up hoodies, it is because they hid how uneven I am.  They brought me into a fitting room and measured me.  They came back with some bras and inserts.  I was a bit skeptical since they brought in a bra with out underwire.  How was that bra going to hold up my right boob?  Well it did.. I did all my normal calisthenics, I jumped and twisted, bent over and nothing, it held me in.  This bra was not tight and will not leave ridges on my body.  I am in love!! Who knew.  It gets better they bring in a camisole and again, I have never been able to wear anything with a shelf bra.  Well, that held me in too.  I look even again. Tomorrow I will wear a normal sweater!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment