Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tomorrow...

Well tomorrow starts a new treatment.  I am both looking forward to start and scared at the same time.  New, means I have completed another leg of our marathon.  Scared, because I do not know what to expect.  I have to take 5 prednisone pills tonight, tomorrow I will be given the same thing in liquid form as well as benedryl all before they give me the new drug.  All the precautions are because there is a high allergic reaction to this drug.  GREAT..  Allergies scare me.  How am I going to react, will I just get hives or will it cause breathing issues?  Will I get the tingly toes and fingers?  Will my nails turn black?  Will I be taking imodium or collace?  Will water taste funny?  Will I have food cravings?  Will I feel as beat up as I did with the last drug?  What is the level of pain, is it just muscle or will I have bone pain too?  Will I have a bad day?  Will I balloon from all the steroids?  I know we will not know the answer to any of my question's until I live through the first few treatments.

1 comment: