Friday, May 13, 2011

"Dear God, just how big is this park"

Yesterday we all went into the city for my "fill".  My appointment was not until 1:30 so we decided we would take Maddie to the Children's museum first.  Maddie loved it!!! She took off running the moment she could.  We spent about two and a half hours there.  The Museum is on the west side of Manhattan and David's office is on the east.  We took a cab to his office.  Aunt Carol walked Maddie around while I was inflated.  When I got out Maddie had finally closed her eyes.  We decided to walk a bit before hailing a cab.  Well the shady side of the street was of course the park side.  The park side does not have a nice smooth side walk it is cobble stone.  Aunt Carol suggested going into the park.  I did warn her that I am not that familiar with the park however I could guarantee I could get us out on the other side.  I did I hold up my end, however I did have a disclaimer in there.  I knew which way west and north was so we just kept going.  We did make it to a plaza that was all stairs so we did a bit off roading, up a huge hill with tree roots to snag the stroller.  At the next shady not so busy part of the park I decided to change Maddie's diaper.  Maddie did not want to go back into her carriage which promoted Aunt Carol to tell her that she would glady climb in and allow me to push her. I did get us out on the other side and it probably only took an hour.  We stopped and ate lunch, the food was good but the service was not.  After lunch we were only 12 street blocks from the car so again we walked.  I am pretty sure my Aunt will never ever venture into Central Park again....

No comments:

Post a Comment