Friday, November 18, 2011

Flashbacks..,

I know I have openly talked about how much I miss my Aunt Jean and Uncle Bill. However I had another set of great Aunts and Uncles that I loved just as much.
Lastnight Jeff suggested we go out to dinner. I love to cook however I love going out to eat more. We decided to eat at Vesuvios. Now the restaurant it's self does not bring me back to anything it was the ice cream that did. After our delicious dinner Jeff and I had coffee and we ordered Maddie a small dish of vanilla ice cream. It came out out in a tiny silver dish it so reminded me of being little. Maddie offered me a spoonful of it. Of course I took it. The vanilla ice cream and little ice chunks in it. I said to Jeff this ice cream so reminds me of my Aunt Shirley. He laughed as I tried to explain it. He thought if was funny that I have associated ice cream with family members. Black raspberry with chocolate sprinkles reminds me of Aunt Jean an Uncle Bill. Vanilla ice cream in a silver dish reminds me of my Aunt Shirley that and iced oatmeal cookies!!!! I have no Clue what brand they where but I have tried them all and none of them taste like I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment