Friday, November 4, 2011

Attack of pink

Last week was pretty busy. I finished radiation a day late because of the machine. Wednesday I met with Dr M my medical oncologist. Thursday we met with Dr F and I won tickets to a fashion show.

Wednesday after Dr M, Jeff and I went to sams club. There where a couple of things we needed. One being dishwasher soap. As we walked down The isle Jeff pointed out one was pink for breast cancer month. It is not the brand I prefer. As we continued down the isle we noticed that so many products where "pink".
Thursday, one of Dr F's questions was he wanted to know how I was handling beast cancer awareness month. I said fine but it kind of stuck with me. He was the first to ask me that.
That night I went to a great fashion show that was called silhouette of a woman and it was to benefit Miles of hope, a local breast cancer foundation. I won the tickets. It was a great night. I had first asked a friend to go however she was sick so at the last minute Aunt Carol filled in. It was truly a lovely night. At the very end they introduced all the survivors that participated in the show and how long they had survived. They also played that Martina Mcbride song. "I'm going to love you through it", and asked all survivors to stand. I looked at Aunt Carol and said I am not standing. I honestly do not feel I am a survivor yet. I feel I am still battling this. I need one of my team of doctors to tell me I am or maybe Jeff Probst will show up at our front door and crown me a survivor.

No comments:

Post a Comment