Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Do you consider yourself healthy?

Our insurance has started to cover LASIK, well part of it anyway. It is something we (Jeff and I) have spoken about a lot. I was always scared until this year. It has never been about loosing my vision, it is more the anticipation of pain or what it would be like. I figured after this year I could so just about anything. Since we need to decide about our insurance in a few days I made some calls yesterday. I was asked by the first office "do you consider yourself healthy"? I said yes, (enough laughing) however I am being treated for breast cancer. The second office said the same and they both said I would not be a good candidate for the surgery for at least another year.

I didn't really give it a second thought. Jeff and I talked about it last night and he asked if I was ok with the question and answer. I said yes because I consider myself pretty healthy except for that one part. I try to exercise each day even if it is just some yoga. I eat pretty well and have lost 6lbs in the past week. When I bite off more than I can chew and Aunt Carol gets mad at me for Doing it she likes to remind me that "You are sick".

I don't think at any point I have thought of myself as sickly. I have this "crap" going on but I plan to be just fine. I plan to beat this out of me. Why else would I have done all I have. Am I wrong? Should I think differently? Should I say I am sick?

No comments:

Post a Comment