Monday, October 24, 2011

Just hold on a minute...

Before you hit send on that congratulatory email, order those flowers or even pick up the phone today was not my last day of radiation.

It started this morning when Maddy from the radiation office called to tell me that the machine was being serviced and they would need to push back my appointment. My new time was at 2:30. I called Aunt Carol to tell her and to say I was running to target and price chopper, strip steaks are on sale this week!! She wanted to go so my Maddie and I headed up to get her. We did all our errands and AC picked up lunch for her and M and I headed to radiation. There was a crazy amount of traffic at the toll booth for the bridge and dumb drivers that do not know how to merge. I was ten minutes late for my last Zapping. But I was still on cloud 9 since I was going to be done. I ran In to the locker room changed quickly and went to find the techs. I got onto the table and lined up very quickly. I asked what was up with the machine and they explained that it was having airflow issues and was shutting down. The ladies left the room an I heard the machine kick on and I waited for the buzz sound. Nothing.... I heard the machine restart again, and nothing then I heard one of the techs shoe in the room. I asked what was wrong and they said the machine was acting up again. They tried to over ride it but no go... So now tomorrow will be my last day... I keep laughing about it however I think I am on the verge of loosing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment