Friday, April 20, 2012

Complete

We are whole again at our house. I finally went to pick up Jack. For those of you don't know or are not familiar with it, we had Jack privately cremated and his ashes returned to us. I have known for a couple of weeks that I could go get him. It was something I didn't want to do with Maddie, since we are usually together I figured I better get my boy and bring him home. We stopped yesterday on our way to hop n healthy. I explained that we needed to pick up something of Jacks from the vet. When I went in the normal receptionist who knows us was on the phone. A new girl asked if she could help me, I tried my best to skirt the issue and say why I was there. Finally Meredith got off the phone and got the bag for me. All Maddie said when she handed it to us was, "I really miss my buddy". Heart breaking....
So we are complete again.. Jack is home and his ashes are right next to Jessie's, I thought last night that I should not have them right next to each other since Jess always got huffy if Jack was too close they always needed a buffer of a pillow or something. Silly I know.

1 comment:

  1. So I finally go around to reading this and it made me cry. It reminded me of when I brought Jake home. Today is his birthday. Makes me sad, but I know that he wouldn't have made it this long with us. He would have been 14. Practically unheard of for Swissies. Still miss him like crazy. Not sure why I love dogs so much. Something about them just melts my heart. Glad they are both back with you.

    ReplyDelete