Thursday, February 16, 2012

So long to the Kid

Gary Carter is/was one of my all time favorite Mets. I was sad when I heard of his aggressive diagnosis and was sad today when I heard of his passing.

I feel a bit more upset now when I hear of people that pass from their cancers. I guess it makes me think of my own mortality. When will I get my next pet scan, will it be clean again. I do a ton of reading on research and what I should be eating, not eating, should I be taking supplements or aspirin. Who is doing the research are they reputable, and so on. It is exhausting to think about it all. I read to see if there is something I should be doing so that I can prevent Maddie from having to worry about this disease. I wish we knew to root of my cancer. Meaning if it was hormone driven it would be easier to pin point why I had it. However being triple negative leaves it out there for guessing. I am very happy that I am BRACA negative meaning to do not carry or posses the breast cancer genes, however that doesn't mean there are not more breast cancer genes to be identified. We watched a special either 20/20 or 60 minutes the other night and they where complaint that the lab that discovered the genes have pattoned them there for they own them the testing and research. Most of the women in the segment complained of the cost of the test, since there is no way for another lab to do the testing. I wonder how this hinders more research.

No comments:

Post a Comment