Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Making every birthday count

On Friday night Jeff and I went to an event for our local chapter of the American cancer society. It was lovely. The theme of the event was making every birthday count.
I also ordered shirts for us from stupid cancer. They say "get busy living".
I think both these themes sum up how I feel. Make every day count. And get busy living it is never too late.

We did not decide until last minute to go to the event. We (I) had a little problem securing babysitting. However in the end Caca came to our rescue. Sadly I do not have any pictures of Jeff and I. We both looked very nice. We ran into Dr Z there yes there is a flash from my past. He was glad to see I was doing so well. And I wanted to make sure he got my note on why I left his practice. It had nothing to do with him. However in the end the practice I chose was a much better fit for me. There was a silent auction during the cocktail hour which had pretty tasty food. At the dinner portion we where seated right near my oncology offices table. We actually spent most of the evening chatting with them. We got home fairly early. It was a very very nice night. Next year I expect to see more people support the event. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment