Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Need to get back on that horse...

Two Thursdays ago was pretty normal. We went to the gym and price chopper etc. all in all it was a good day. Maddie did not nap and feel asleep just before I was ready to cook. I figured I would give her a little bit of time.

I had some veggies i put in the over I roast and the rest of dinner was going on the the grill. I went out and lit it. Came back in house and gathered my food while I let it warm up. I put the chicken, peppers and mushrooms down and opened the lid. This is where my normal Thursday got a bit exciting.. My grill flashed in my face. I moved quickly back. I had my witts about me and before I ran in the house I made sure my hair wasn't in fire. I ran to the bathroom and saw my face very pink and my hair singed. I texted Dan and called Aunt Carol. I calmy said to her, I am going to need you to come down now. She said now, I just made a steak. I said yes now, I am sorry and told her what had happened. Dan said to get check by the ER. I was shaking and knew I could not really drive myself. So uncle Joel came to the rescue. For those of you that know my uncle know that he is not good with things like this. I am shocked he actually came into the er with me. I did send Jeff a text. I started it with Don't panic. I had not heard from him do I had no clue he was actually on the train on his way home. It's hard for most to understand. His day does not end at 5 or 5:30. His time to come home Changes with the day and it is never the same. So Maddie and I have a set dinner time and if he is home great if not we do a second seating when he is. Since I had not heard from him I didn't want to call and disturb him. I did call once I was in the car with uncle Joel. My nose and hair got the worse of the burns. My hair looks like I let Maddie cut bangs for me. And my nose is looking 100% better now. I do have pics but they are not on my iPad yet. I will update once I up load. Needless to say we did not have chicken for dinner we all ended up at Mary Janes for ice cream. Along the way aunt Carol picked up Emma and Timmy and Tracy met us at MJs. In the end it was a nice evening.

I did call weber, the service person came out yesterday and changed the manifold. The insides of my grill. One of my knobs was sticking and I did turn it on that day. I usually do not turn that burner on. The guy explained to me that to it was probably stuck in the ignite setting allowing a lot of gas to build up in the lid and when I opened it it flashed. I will be fine. I have more hair than I did this time last year and the burn was nothing like radiation. I took out chicken for dinner, unjust have no clue how I am going to cook it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment