Monday, January 23, 2012

One year.....

What a year. I am full of emotions today. It has been a year since I heard... "reactive cells", "what part of breast cancer are you not getting" and "are you sitting?, it is cancer"...
I am excited to have my pet scan in two days. It is crazy how your brain works. My blood is fine. However every ache and cough makes me wonder if a small cell was camped out somewhere and the nasty chemo and even worse radiation did not find it and kill it! I know it is in my head but it's just how my thought process goes. I will have better peace of mind on Thursday.
Friday is my surgery!! I can not wait. I have done tons of reading and the pain should not be too bad. Nothing like I have already put myself through last year. I love looking at the catalogs that come in the mail of possible shirts I can wear in the future and not worry about a button staying closed. Or the idea of buying a bathing suit that does not cost a fortune because I need super support on top. I just need to get rid of my spare tire around my belly and I will be set. I am working on it I am down about 8lbs from my heaviest..

No comments:

Post a Comment