Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Update about radiation

I will fill you all in on our weekend once my pictures from this weekend finish downloading.

My fatigue from last week was due to my blood being bad. I went yesterday for another CBC and I will have the results later today. I was feeling pretty awful yesterday so who knows how it will be.

I noticed on Friday that I am having trouble swallowing. My throat does not hurt at all, everything just feels like it gets stuck. I googled it and it can be caused by radiation however most of the docs say it isnt. We had dinner on Saturday night with Julie and Mitch. So as much as I hate asking him work stuff when he is off I figures what the heck. He checked my throat incase I had a bad post nasal drip and I had a slight one however nothing too bad. So he said he has another patient who has breast cancer and has the same issue. Yesterday when I went to get my treatment I told them about it. They said it could be but most likely not. I have never had an issue before so how is it not related to the radiation? I meet with dr M today and I will bring it up to him. On a positive note I am eating very few solid foods and a lot of yogurt so maybe I will loose this extra 20lbs with out much effort on my part.

Now back to the unorganized office. When the office manager gave me my schedule on Friday she starred Tuesday and wrote will change due to doctors schedule. So as I was leaving yesterday I asked what time I had to come in on Tuesday. The office mgr said one like everyday. I said ok but you said Tuesday would be later because I had to meet with the doctor. She said back to me "you saw the doctor today". I said no I did not, should I go back and get undressed? So she got up from her desk in a huff to find the nurse to see what is going on. When she came back she said "he will see you tomorrow (Tuesday)." great what time? She looked at the schedule and said 2pm. Ahhhhh. See how this could drive me insane? I am fine if you change things around however they need to tell me.

The actual act of getting radiation does not hurt however my skin feels like it has a sunburn. I still do not have feeling where my actual surgery was however they are radiating more than that. My armpit really hurts and so does my back, neck and behind my left ear. Oh well.....

No comments:

Post a Comment